Senior Pastor Eastside Community Church - 22312 Kelly Rd, Eastpointe, MI 48021
WHO WE ARE
One of our most distinctive characteristics at Eastside is our emphasis on multicultural unity in Christ. We seek to build a fellowship of believers that mirrors the world around us, to develop the bond between men and women from different races, countries, classes, and religions; that vary in their gifts and talents; but stand united in their faith.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Eastside Community Church:
• Champions the Biblical principle of the equality of all people.
• Promotes powerful practical ministries that address people’s needs.
• Commits itself to promote the process of increasing maturity and spiritual growth in the life of its members.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Eastside’s mission to dynamically proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the East Side of Metro Detroit and beyond, using any Biblical means, particularly emphasizing the Gospel’s unifying power for all cultures, ethnicities and people groups (Acts 1:8). This mission is best summarized in the phrase: To know Him and Make Him Known
EASTSIDE PASTORAL EXPECTATIONS - include but are not limited to the following:
• The Senior Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership of Eastside Community Church
• The Senior Pastor will share in mission and vision of Eastside Community Church.
• The Senior Pastor is to put God first in all he does.
• The Senior Pastor will serve as the chief administrator of the congregation so that it will fulfill its mission and purpose as the body of Christ.
• The senior pastor should share, through leadership and example, the pastoral responsibilities of the church. He shall lead the church as a “playing coach” acting as a facilitator, a trainer and encourager of the gifts within the congregation.
• The Senior Pastor will serve as the church’s primary Preacher/Teacher with messages based on the Holy Bible.
• The Senior Pastor will meet the traits as outlined in 1 Timothy 2-3 and Titus 1:6-9.
Affiliations: Southern Baptist Convention Greater Detroit Baptist Association Baptist State Convention of Michigan
Church Size: 30-45
Compensation: To be discussed
Worship Style: Contemporary
Applicants should submit application packet which includes:
• 3 Personal References
• 3 Church References (if available at this time)
• A narrative describing your theology, testimony and beliefs
• A recording of 2-3 sermons (CD, DVD or online link)
By Mail: Pastoral Search Committee c/o Eastside Community Church, 22312 Kelly Rd, Eastpointe, MI 48021
By email (preferred delivery method): email@example.com
Thank you for prayerfully considering this ministry opportunity.
EASTSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH SENIOR PASTOR MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
The Senior Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership of Eastside Community Church and is committed to the mission and vision of Eastside Community Church. The Senior Pastor is to put God first in all he does. The Senior Pastor will serve as the chief administrator of the congregation so that it might fulfill its mission and purpose as the body of Christ. The senior pastor should share, through leadership and example, the pastoral responsibilities of the church. He shall lead the church as a “playing coach” acting as a facilitator, a trainer and encourager of the gifts within the congregation. The Senior Pastor will meet the traits as outlined in 1 Timothy 2-3 and Titus 1:6-9.
Accountability: The Senior Pastor is ultimately responsible to the Lord for his service. He is accountable to the Church Board who is responsible to the congregation in accordance to the conditions outlined in the Eastside Community Church Constitution
Responsibilities: Subject to review and adjustment as needed and identified by the Church Board.
Working Conditions: The position of Senior Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The pastor should accessible to members of the congregation and for regular communication with members of the church staff. The Senior Pastor will establish dedicated office hours weekly that will be published. In the event the Pastor needs to adjust this time, it should be communicated to the Church Board and posted at least 2 weeks in advance and a substitute time should be established.
A. GENERAL PASTORAL PROFILE AND CHARACTERISTICS
The Senior Pastor is responsible for the direction, guidance and ministry of the church, including its priorities and spiritual vitality as outlined by 1 Peter 5:2-4. He is to accomplish this through:
1. Helping to develop, promote and support the vision/mission/values of Eastside Community Church
2. Guiding the church direction by example, and by preaching, teaching, fellowship, and the emphasis of missions and evangelism.
3. Interacting with, developing and encouraging church leadership
4. Promoting the process of spiritual maturity in the lay leadership.
5. Assisting the church in developing policy and direction
6. Providing confidentiality to the congregation and church leadership
7. Commitment to personal discipleship and spiritual growth 2
8. Strong leadership and organizational skills, although may utilize others where assistance is needed
9. Deep personal desire to evangelize as the Lord enables, provides and commands
B. CHURCH RELATIONSHIP STRUCTURE
The senior pastor relationships in the church structure are as follows:
1. He is accountable to the Eastside Community Church Board.
2. All positioned leaders, paid and volunteer staffs are ultimately responsible to him or his designated representatives.
3. Will serve as the primary representative of Eastside Community Church establishing contacts within the local community and the Greater Detroit Baptist Association
C. BASIC PASTORAL DUTIES
The duties of the Senior Pastor include but are not limited to the following:
1. Serves as the church’s primary Preacher – Teacher. He seeks to base his messages on the Bible, relating Scriptures to everyday experiences. This is done in order to encourage faithfulness with regards to living a dynamic Christian life while being guided by the Holy Spirit.
2. Leads the congregation towards an understanding and acceptance of its confirmed vision. Guides the church toward the fulfillment of that vision. He provides general oversight for all Church ministries.
3. To assist in planning and lead regular and special worship services in conjunction with the worship ministry leader(s). The Senior Pastor should be available prior to service start.
4. Will serve as the President of the Church Board in accordance to the Eastside Community Church Constitution
5. Will lead the efforts to establish and maintain the Spiritual Oversight Committee, Deacons within the first year of the position.
6. Offers Pastoral Care through counseling and ministerial services such as visitation, weddings, funerals, baptisms and baby dedications.
7. Will serve as a resource for Church Ministry Leaders. Will provide vision, support, supervise and manage as required. Will work with leaders to help and maintain programs that will benefit the congregation and community as the Lord enables and provides (Bible Studies, Special Services, VBS, Outreach Programs).
8. Attends all church leadership meetings and is prepared to report on ministry activities and the church’s status.
9. Represents the church through venues outside of the church for the promotion of the church’s mission, the SBC mission and/or the furtherance of the overall mission of the Universal church of Jesus Christ.