Eastside Community Church has a baptism tank in the sancturay and is able to do baptisms. Please take a moment and review the following information about Baptism to see if you should be baptized.
- Can someone be a good person and do good works to get to God? Jesus was asked, "What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6:28-29) Did Jesus siad only work and it was to believe in Him.
- Jesus on the cross said, "IT IS FINISHED." (John 19:30) When something is finished there is nothing else to do for it or to it. When Jesus died on the cross he had paid for all sin. There was nothing extra to do. If someone tries to add baptism, church, or good works (or anything else) it is saying it was not finished. Christ and Christ alone paid the debt. There is no other place that anyone can find forgiveness for their sins and be with God.
CHECK YOUR BAPTISM UNDERSTANDING:
- Baptism is by being sprinkled: True___ False____
- You must be baptized to get to heaven: True ____ False____
- Baby baptism is a means to be saved: True___ False____ (FALSE IS THE CORRECT ANSWER)
Many sincere people teach many different things about Baptism. "For by grace (can't do anything to get it) are ye saved through faith (belief, trust); and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boasts." (Ephesians 2:8-9) You cannot do works to get to heaven? DO WORKS! The Bible is explicitly clear that Baptism, like any work, cannot save anyone or forgive sins.
“Then they that gladly receive his word were baptized:” (Acts 2:41) After someone receives Jesus Christ, what is the first thing they should do? __________. They should not wait, but be baptized. Everyone who is saved should be baptized ASAP. There are three reasons to be baptized:
- The baptized person is showing they are real Christian (born again).
- Baptism means immersion or going completely under the water. The reason God chose this is it clearly shows what happens when a person is saved.
- Going under the wather shows Jesus' death. Coming out of the water shows Jesus' resurrection.
- The baptized person is saying they are going to live for Jesus Christ and do what he says. The first way to obey Jesus is by being Baptized.
- The reason it is by immersion or under the water is because baptism means “to immerse” and Jesus was baptized that way.
- How do I know if I am ready (check)? If you have been saved by believing in Jesus Christ, you are ready!
- What if I am afraid of water? The water is very shallow and you are only under water for a split second. Fear is valid, but you need to show the World that Jesus has saved you.
- Where will I do it? Any water can work. At church, there is a shallow tub on the stage that is used.
- Does it have to be in front of everyone? YES.
- If I was baptized before, but not correctly (sprinkled, works etc.) should I be baptized again? Yes, by the Bible.
HAVE YOU BEEN BAPTIZED TO SHOW THE WORLD YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS AND HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD? ____ If no, Plan to be baptized Sunday.